View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3243. 5.0 (for now), 5-spd.
Not Ranked     

I was at a local car show with my LAE, probably 400 cars.

I was standing around answering questions and listening to remarks from onlookers, lots of them at this time, when this rather elderly woman (note that I didn't say lady) walked up to see what the crowd was looking at.

It became apparent that she was the leader of about a dozen individuals, probably waiting to see what she would leave each of them in her will, it couldn't be that far in the future, because the little crowd hoovered around her not saying much of anything.

She asked in a rather coarse voice what king of car it was. Before I could speak, someone in the crowd pointed to my windshield display and told her it was a Cobra replica, to which she said, "A phony baloony, who cares about that".

I was the first to respond this time, I told her to look around and see all the people who were interested, and then I asked her, "Since your so damn critical, what did you bring to show".

It got behind the hand chuckles from several of her followers and lots of out loud laughter from the rest of the crowd.

She displayed several shades of purple, turned and stormed off. The laughter intensified.