View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

Guys not all cobra replicas are built in a factory in South Africa, or in turnkey form. Many Superformance owners have very superficial knowledge about Cobra replicas as they rely upon their relationships with the dealers to repair and service their cars. Have you ever wondered why there are so few FE engines in their cars?

I know Bruno Angers and his car is simply beautiful. His attention to detail was some of the best I have ever seen on any automobile. The year that he was at R & G, the NASCAR & BUSCH guys had the track from 5PM on for testing. Included in the group was a couple of the Bodines, Dale Jarrett's Busch car driven by his son, Schrader and several other drivers and their crews. I gave my garage to Jason Jarrett for the evening as others gave up their garages to the various teams. After practicing for about 1/2 hour it started to rain, and all of the NASCAR & Busch cars came back into the garages. The drivers and crews started talking and visiting with all of the other cars in the garages as the rain continued. They were impressed and enjoyed all of of the Run & Gun cars, and then they came upon Bruno Angers car. They couldn't believe it. All of the crews examined his car with disbelief as they looked at it from every angle, and said it was some of the best workmanship that they had ever seen. Jason Jarrett gave me an autographed hat and all of the crews and drivers helped themselves to our coolers and food. A good time was had by all and Turk is assolutely right about Bruno's car, even if he is fuzzy about other things sometimes. A good machinist is like an artist in my book.

wt

Last edited by wtcobra; 02-25-2003 at 07:22 AM..