View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

I was sent to Frey Racing, to have tabs welded onto alum radiator, but Frey closed up their fab shop and are moving their store to Scott Creek Road at Milpitas/Fremont border.
So I drove around the industrial park on a wim and
I found (stumbled across his shop by luck) a one man welding shop:

NUNEZ PRECISION WELDING
Carlos G. Nunez President
1763 Houret Court
Milpitas, California 95035
408 263-9503 Cell 408 690 2272

He welded tabs on my Gordon Levy Radiator(I know Gordon says you don't need tabs, but, but, but), and did a beautyful job on welding the aluminum.

The particular connection I was concerned with, he tig welded using brass rod, and it came out fantastic! I took a picture, but I'm at the wrong computer to be able to post right now, I'll post when I get home tonight.

I tried to sodder the rest of the connections together last night, now I've done alot of copper plumbing soddering, but I could not get enough heat to make a good looking connection, probably me, maybe old equip. I gave up, cleaned up what I had messed up, and it's back at Carlos's shop right now, as I'm typing this, he said he would try silver sodder, and if that did not work well, he would tig weld with brass rod, it will be ready at noon.

SFfiredog, now you tell me...

Sfry, this "kid" is good enough, that the trip from Watsonville might be worth it.

Steve R, nice pictures but me thinks you is talking about the wrong connection point, no problem at the connection at the bottom of the tank. The problem was at the other end of the 90degree bend where it connects to the steel/iron flange that bolts to the block and holds the thermostat.

Ron, showoff...

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by 427SSSS; 02-27-2003 at 11:02 AM..