View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry to dissapoint

I don't have a problem with thread jacking, I do it often enough myself. I don't care where this thread goes and I thought the excursion into the origins of Waltzing Matilda was interesting. That's the great thing about these forums, topics can skew into iteresting directions.

My original intent was to try and stimulate some discussion on the great cars produced over the years by different manufacturers. I get a bit tired of the one eyed attitude I see on this forum sometimes and in the motorsport hobby generally. You would think the way some people follow one marque to the exclusion of all other was like some fanatical religion. I see enough of that crap on the news every day without it infecting my hobby.

A political quote? I don't think so. I've owned 17 different cars from 9 different manufacturers from Europe, Australia, Japan and the US. 13 motorcycles from 5 manufacturers from Japan and Europe. I plan to own many more from different manufacturers before I die. Variety is the spice of life and I buy what I like not what Alah dictates.

So go back to having the same old debate on Big Block v Small Block, Real v Original, The dimensions for stripes, is Shelby a con man? Who makes the best replica.... Ho Hum doesn't anybody talk about anything new?