View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys, it sounds like we are all on the same page. Hotel was great, lets book it NOW for next year only move the event forward 2-4 weeks say march 15 or so. The rain sucks every year and you guys will wish we had moved it forward sooner once we get a real weekend like we just had. we've talked about it so many times before so lets quit fart'in around and move the date. Cruise was also great through the hill country, however Gruene is Not the place we need to end up. Do New Braunfels instead. No more meeting at Origin if we have more than 65 confirmed cars fornext year. To small if the club continues to grow at the rate it is. That garage was also NOT constructed to hold 70 or so 3,000 lb. cars in the center section away from the load supporting walls. I've been there every year and this was the first time i ever felt that place shake like that. We could seriously be stretching the load supporting ability of those pre stressed beams and slab sections. We also need to start earlier and spend less time at our starting location, need to drive and see more. The group as a whole did great this year in staying together and watching out for ea. other. The 360 Hwy, is always a great picturesque place to visit when we are there. I personally love the top of Origin for the view and the remoteness of it . Maybe we can find a similair spot somewhere else out near 360. This was one of our best years so far, I would like to see a much better election held for president in the future though. That was weak at best! Great job on hotel and cruise route this year.