View Single Post
Old 03-02-2003, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Lowell,
I dissassembled my SPF for cosmetic and performance reasons.
I stripped the engine compartment bare so I could paint the inner fender area, radiator shroud, and various pieces titanium, to match the exterior color. I also am painting the Indigo blue stripes under the hood, on the fan shroud and under the decklid.
I'm hiding the wiring harness as much as possible.
I moved the starter relay to the rear of the car, moved the clutch resevoir to the right footbox, and removed the throttle linkage (my EFI uses a cable routed directly from the pedal) The firewall is now clean except for the wiper motor. I replaced the easily scratched aluminum firewall panel with a thin sheet of stainless with no holes for a very clean look.
I am modifying the front frame crossmember for added rigidity and to clear my dry-sump oil pump and lines
I pulled the radiator to weld on AN fittings and add a cavity for the electric water pump
I am fabricating polished stainless steel brake lines with billet aluminum mounting brackets
I manufactured a new rear crossmember to fit the T-56 six-speed The crossmember is a bridge type that fits up into the trans tunnel
It has a removable truss style lower crossmember that incorporates the trans mount. It has left and right hand threaded rod ends that can pre-load the crossmemeber for added strength
The upper crossmember has support tubes that reinforce the center section (rear end) mounts.
I am modifing all the geometry on the parking brake brackets and cable mounts so the parking brake will actually hold the car on a hill
I'm installing a fuel cell and a complete return style fuel system for the EFI.
I removed the dash to modify the wiring harness (one part of a SPF that is good in some areas and marginal at best in others)
I'm replacing the Smiths gauges with Autometer Replica gauges
I'm adding a "push to start" buttom from a Honda S2000
Installing apush style lock in the glove-box door
I'm replacing the rubber hose from the heater core with tubing.
I will post photos as the work progresses. I have too many customer's cars to finish before I can get to mine
More on the suspension a brakes later.
--Mike