View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 04:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
DV & Don,

A question. On my stroker and both of the cars that I referred to in the above posts the motors were set back farther than the original Classic Roadsters motor mounts allow. I really don't think I could get my aluminum left side head off as there is very little space between the back of the head and the way that firewall juts out. An example of how far my 351 stroker sets back is this. I can put the 21 inch long Cobra air cleaner on for shows and it clears the front of the hood scoop by about 1/8th inch when I close the hood. A friend who has a 302 in his and never set it back can't use that air cleaner as it hits the front of his hood at the scoop intake by about 1/4 inch or so he told me. I wasn't trying to lead anyone wrong, but on our cars we just can't get the head off. I think I could disconnect the mounts, unhook the transmission mounts and drive line and move my motor far enough forward to do it but am not sure. Am I completely out in left field on this ? Eric told me that on his 460 the back head bolt is what keeps him from being able to get it out as it hits that firewall and won't come far enough out to clear.

Thanks,

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery