View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2027, 65' 289" PS wheels
Not Ranked     
Default Needs 289

Jim? Anti-Venom,

I think the 3:55 works well with the Tremec and a small block.

You have checked the tables, @70 in 5th about 2100 rpm, almost quiet...70 in 4th...3000 RPM, lots of sound...ouch, hard to ignore with side pipes.

I always wear foam ear plugs. Period.

I have cam with 222/228 with 112 overlap on a roller, the idle is a little rough, but as a 347 with longer stroke it pulls well at low speed...important in traffic...here in LA hour long stretches at 10 mph, rowing from 1st to 2nd and back are normal.

In traffic, hot day, have never seen more than 190 on a calibrated SW gauge...( it was in the high 80's back in January!)...oil doesn't even register half the time...I have finally taped over the cooler as the temp is too low.

My 289 stroker has 347 inches and pulls ok in 5th at 2100 on the road straight and level, so once again glad I don't get more cam.

The car is light, I don't need lots of horsepower, at least not yet, especially if it's for the street.

Even if you are a seasoned driver, (amazing how many folks are very sharp when you get to the track!)... you can use lots of power...but in traffic, it has to have reasonable pull off idle or you will soon not be having fun.

There are pictures of my car #2027 at the ERA site under "new additions" customer car pictures. If you like deep red, marron, that is it.

Would be glad to post pictures of engine/hose/wiring/electric fuel pump, etc. stuff if it helps you to visualize it during construction, I suppose all the cars are a little different when we finally finish.

Just discovered my files are too large to post, don't have compression software...will have to work on that.

Pete
ERA 289 #2027