Thread: JMarsey JBL
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

Hi David,

thanks for the heads up on John's car. I have not seen it in person since it left the works, but John and I have spoken a number of times about the modifications to fit his BOSS engine. (What a pain, John has much more preserverance than I)

He has sent me photos of the engine bay mods and he has done one hell of a job. The installation and drivetrain component selection is excellent.

Also, the engine plumbing details are wonderful and he has paid the proper attention to good engineering methods in all things that I have seen.

Did you see the collectors that he has built. Things of Beauty. His custom headers are quite nice as well. (JBL cannot afford to provide that level of sidepipe as standard. I certainly wish that they could. Note: the standard 351 headers from JBL dave are proper bits. Equal lenght, tuned for max torque at 4800, but the collectors and sidepipes are not race pieces. They are good and equal to all the other boys, but not to Johns level. He has used the same stuff the F1 guys use.)

Decooney,

I agree, John's car is going to be quite the piece. He is running the car at track ride heights (The way it was designed) with the track wheel rates and it should work quite well. All the bits on the chassis are the standard components on the JBL. (He has set the car up the way I meant it to be. It is a first. All the other cars have been dual purpose with a lean towards road use, not track.) I can hardly wait for him to come to Willow with that bad boy.

Now, JBL Dave just has to get some of the aero bits to John to make the thing work as intended.

Lastly, I wish John would do a website about his build and his car. It is such a special piece, It would be great if folks could see his work and where he is going with this car. (It seems that John is a bit retiring and does not wish to toot his own horn, but he has every right to, from what I have seen.)

Richard Hudgins