View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to lextreme
Neutral     

Well, the 4.0 is very small comparing to the 5.0, 5.8 or the 7.0. However, the Lexus V8 DOHC is a very effecient engine with turbos, this engine has the capability to make monsterous power. There have been many cases that 1UZFE made over 1500-2700 rwhp. We are talking about stock block. I dont think the American V8 can handle that type of punishment.

Secondly, the Lexus V8 is incrediblely durable. Its is very common for this engine to have 400-600k miles life span. Reliability? This engine is the best of the best from Japan. This engine is the bigger brother of the Supra TT (2JZ-GTE). If you think the supra TT make killer power, you should see this V8.

Someday, i would like to put this engine with two T3 turbos into the Factory Five Replica.

With only 2200 lbs, how much torque do u need to spin the tires? Not too much.

I had americans and I know.
-Looking for a 92 Pearl White SC400 with high miles (Single Turbo or Supercharged Project)