View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster,351w 405HP
Not Ranked     

Jim,your comments need to be heard by Gary Rutherford and the whole IMAR group.We all need to be heard by these people.What they are doing just isn't right.I've been lied to so much,I don't know what to believe.I'm sure that I'm not the only one. After numerous attemps to get someone on the phone,I got to talk to Pete Johnson about the missing parts and the body damage.Doesn't know when parts will be available to ship and he stated he needs a written estimate on the body damage and they would not replace it. I got two estimates this weekend. I will fax them to Pete at CR when I receive the written estimate by thurs..The damage wasn't much,$300.-$500.,but thats not what I bought.I should mention here that the damage was conceiled by rain water when it was delivered.
After all the misleading info coming out of Classic Roadsters and now IMAR I decided to file a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau in St. Paul MN.,which serves Fargo,ND..Gary J.Rutherford's response in part was quote)"Classic Roadsters has delivered 100% of over 8,ooo kits."The letter closes with the following statement:"Regarding repair of the claimed body damage,I don't see any way to help Mr.Robbins,unless he brings it here.If he were to do so,we would repair it."
The tone of the letter was that I was the only one complaining.I certainly have better things to do than "claiming damage".And what about that costomer service.All I need to do is bring the body from Pennsylvania to Fargo,ND. and Gary Rutherford will fix it for me!! What a guy!!!
All I want is what I paid for...OR...my money back.I'm sorry,but Gary Rutherfords business practices leave a lot to be desired.
I guess I'm venting,but hopefully it will prevent someone else from making the same mistake that I did. Based on the way I've been treated and misled from ALL at CR;I believe my dream car will never get built. All I got for my money was a pile of incomplete parts and a damaged body.