View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '73 Jensen Healey Mk.I #13046
Not Ranked     
Default Just My Point of View...

As a former Green Beret and professional warrior, I for one hate the prospect of war. As a Christian and Elder, I feel I must support my president and country at this time in our history. There are forces within Islam that wishes us all dead, it is the Seventh Pillar of Islam that is the problem here not, George W. He is my president and he has my prayers and total support.

I have a son currently in the U.S. Army serving as a Calvary Scout, I pray for his safe return in body, mind and spirit, as I do for all of our soldiers and sailors.

The only people who want war are those who have never seen it’s horrors first hand or had to fight for their lives on a ridge in some God forsaken jungle or sand dune. We want freedom and security in the world, for ourselves and others. There is a price that must be paid in full for that.

We want to be safe from terrorism, this does not happen and will not happen if we sit around a table and talk, we’ve tried that for 12 years or more and with the Clinton’s gift of 9-11, you’d think the nation would wake up and smell the Jihad.

Americans will have to once again, do the dirty work and get the roots of the problem dug out and destroyed, one country at a time. It is a tough, unpopular and thankless thing to do, but it is something we must do to preserve any kind of security for not only us but for the world.

It is such a basic and simple concept that my liberal friends and fellow Americans can’t understand what it is we are trying to do. They will benefit from the selfless acts of thousands of American service men and women and they will continue to hate them for their action. If you think I'm just blowing smoke, just ask any Korean or Vietnam Veteran about the way we were treated.

I am in the good company of patriots and gentlemen, I am truly blessed.

Last edited by JimsGems; 03-18-2003 at 11:31 PM..