View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Jim,

Great and thoughtful comments - reiterarated by my father in law last night. He was a WW II combant engineer who endured 5 D-days and lost 3 out of four men in his company.

We were talking about Bailey bridges and he mentioned that in Austria after the war the Germans were helping them set one up. I asked how he felt about the Germans. In a stern voice (rare for this man) he said "Let me tell you. They were no different that you or me. They didn't want to fight either - it was that Hitler."

War is an ugly business - but sometimes the only solution left. It is regrettable that the situation in Iraq has come to this. I hope that all will remember that as the bombs drop, the tanks fire and our loved ones engage in this conflict. That people on both sides, no different than you or I, are dying. It is a corrupt leader we are fighting, not its people. It is not a video game or a sporting event, only its end warrants cheers.

Whether you believe this war is just or not, our troops are fighting for our principles on behalf of the President we have elected. They have my support and endless gratitude.

Jim