View Single Post
Old 03-25-2003, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 427 Comp Big Old Rat Heavy duty slush box
Not Ranked     

Have some-day-to-be bright silver with gunmetal stripes LS427comp. LSC#247 registered in Wyoming as 2002 LSC427 with 1970 engine. Bought complete kit from Lone Star. Kit was delivered April 4, 2002. Drove car out of my garage the Sunday after Labor Day, 2002. Still tweeking and debugging while have a ball driving. Paint job should be done "when I get a round tuit" Just happened to have a really clean Chevy 454/Turbo 400 sitting in the back yard from previous sand drag race use. Just happened to find a home for it in the Cobra. Had to do conciderable de-tuning for street use. Downgraded to Federal Mogul 9.5c.r. pistons, A-1 hydrolic cam .500 lift, Wieand Stealth manifold, Edelbrock 750 carb. Currie prepared 9inch Ford rearend, came with 3.73s since replaced with3.00s. For those of you in the know, the rest of the goodies usually listed came with the kit. It was so nice not having to find a doner car, spend countless hours in junkyards, or chalkup major time on the mail order phone. Other than a somewhat poor assembly manual, the kit went together VERY well.