View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     
Default Prices to make you CRY!

A couple of the more significant vendors for the British Car Parts of the early 60's era were MG Mitten and Vilem B. Haan from Southern California. One of the larger Parts chains was BAP.
The maker of the racks in question was American Carry-Products Co Inc. of North Hollywood Ca. better known as AMCO. They made soft tops, toneau (sp?) covers and plexiglass side windows too.

Prices to make you Cry from the way back file in the 1963 Road & Track.

Raydyot "Chrome" Race Mirror....Adjustable base F.I.A. approved, shatterproof, flat or convex glass......$6.95 In aluminum original equipment on many factory race cars. 7 1/4 oz, F.I.A. approved, shatterproof, flat or convex glass $5.95 ea.

Wind wings- by AMCO....Top grade Lucite with polished edges. Brass fittings triple chrome plated. $16.95-$24.95.

Sun Visors - by AMCO.....optically pure tinted Lucite Machined brass fittings triple chrome plated. $6.95-$7.95.

May 1965 issue......."1964 Cobra purchased September. Never raced, carefully maintained, standard street equipment, White with red leather with radio 4500 miles. $5000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will deliver to Tulsa (Clois where were you???)

Hurts huh????

Rick