View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I'm sure DV has the same problem with being a dealer for different companies. I have to buy in such small volume on some items that the dealer price is the same as the street price. Not true with all things but some. I got setup as a dealer for Jegs to try and save a few bucks. Some items I can get a good discount but most of the stuff I save only pennies. So what I do on some of the parts is just give you my suppliers number and have you deal direct. This saves you extra shipping cost. Others I can make a buck and still sell at a fair price. It's hard to compete with the big guys but we try. I tried to get setup as a dealer for Edelbrock and Carrera recently. They were more than happy to accomodate me after my initial $10k first order and my yearly commitment to $10K. Ask DV about his SVO dealership!

I can supply anything you need as well as DV, it's just a matter of fair pricing. I sell some items at my cost just to help the customers. DV and I usually know what works and what doesn't and somewhere along the line we've tried just about everything. I have a rack full of parts that didn't work like they were supposed too. So I guess the upside is that yes DV and I can sell you any parts you need. Can we be competitive on all of them, no, but I sometimes pay a little more if I trust the person selling to me. The way I usually sell small parts is to ship them to you and have you pay the bill after you get the parts. This lets you look and judge the parts, see if they are what you were expecting without feeling you got ripped! I find the Cobra family very trustworthy and I have never been ripped off by non-payment. I can't do this on the bigger ticket items, I wish I could, but if it's just a few hundred dollars it's worth it to me. If I ever do get ripped off I guess the person needed the part worse than me and they lost a valuable resource in DV and me.

So after all that, Yes we can sell parts. Boy talk about long winded, I should be a politician.
Don