View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

One of my favorite cars from that era, especially because of the 007 connection. I recall the Shelby backing...saw the cars run at Riverside.

Brock didn't do too bad...went on to create BRE and campaigned 510s and 240Zs for several seasons...the 510s crapping all over 2002s and GTVs in the 2.5 TransAm series. I had a prepped 510 BRE in college (UC Riverside)...you could buy them direct from the dealership in Riverside: short springs, front and rear sway bars, headers, cam, weber, air dam, spoiler, mirrors, wheels,etc.etc....the good ol days.

The 2000 GT is a much smaller car than it looks. Big-assed Americans had trouble fitting in the coupes, compared to the convertables. Too good a car for the class, materials-wise...too expensive to build compared to the relatively inexpensive 240Z which had that Jaguar-like smooth straight six and great rear suspension, and which had an interior you could fit in.

Several running around Riverside in those days...they always had one headlamp cup partially flipped over. Still a problem for collectors to get just right due to difficulties in adjusting the stops (one shows at the Fresno State Concours regularly).