View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 02:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Brett,
As much as I like the owner of DRB as a person, I jsut can't seem to get interested in their Cobra. The DRB GT40 is a lovely car, but when comparing Cobras, I truly believe that the Harrison Cobra is a superior product.

Scott Hampson (OZVENOM on ClubCobra) is building my Cobra at the moment. It's 98% done, so things are really exciting at the moment.

His business is called Venom Custom Fabrication. Phone 3208 3224. He is a dealer for Warwick Harrison's kits. He works from Slacks Creek, and is responsible for building some of the top Cobras in the country. His customers came first and second in the Concourse at the National Cobra event held down at Wakefield Park a couple of months ago.

If you buy a Harrison kit through him, the price is the same as if you buy it from Warwick Harrison, but you can be sure that you will get all the advice and assistance you need throughout the build. It's always nice to know that there's someone that can do ANY fabrication required for your car - quality work at very reasonable rates.

As far as I'm aware, Scott also did the initial chassis work involved in fabricating and engineering the Nissan IRS in the Harrison kits, and he's already built a twin turbo Lexus powered Harrison for a customer. He's helping a couple of guys at the moment who bought a Harrison through him. They're going twin turbo Lexus as well. His own car looks like being a weapon when it's finished - a turbocharged, Motec EFI Lexus, four wheel drive, IRS, 18" magnesium wheels, full roll cage etc etc.

I think he's your man.....

Welcome to Club Cobra, and I look forward to seeing another true high performance Cobra in SE Qld!!!