View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Mike and Ant, First response to Mike= WOW !!!! That power plant looks GREAT. I must admit my earlier post about Toyota's was directed at a stereotype or mental picture. My hat is off to the workmanship and style shown in your photo. As I said earlier I love to see quality and love of the true spirit of building TOYS. Ant = I was speaking of the old steel 392 Chrysler hemi not the Ford 392. BUT there is nothing wrong with the Ford 392 or any other C. I. motor. Each has its own weakness when pushed to the outer limit but thats what it is all about. Take what you have and make it better for your intended use. You always pay a price in some form or the other for your choice. If you build some obscure or out of the mainstream motor it will be more $$ or have to make your own parts to get where you want to be. If you go with the ( everybody has one ) parts are cheaper and easy to get but maybe the price is also limited driveability or range. My engine is in that group. I must have a min. of 112 octane and it loads up if crawling along in a parade with heat always a concern. A stock create engine would solve all of those issues but that is not my thing. So I pay the price...