View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink Interesting...very interesting.

I've been watching this thread and have resisted in posting an opinion so as NOT to be categorized as "one of the Gasholes that dominates" the club but this is spiraling into absurdity. I have had several heated discourses with Brent, Wayne Stoker and others over the years and was even "banned" for a period as a result of those interactions BUT during that time I supported Brent's efforts with donations. Why, because he takes the effort to provide a site for me to meet others, discuss everything under the sun and agree to disagree on heated issues. This site has provided more friendship opportunities than most organizations that require a membership or subscription fee. No one is demanding a donation or holding us hostage for support. Who cares what Brent uses the donations for? Isn't a donation a gift? Do we ask how the monetary gifts that we offer to our friends and family are utilized? The amounts received certainly don't offset the amounts Brent is required to spend on Extra Strength Excedrin, I know because I cause my fair share. (owning stock in Bristol-Myers does have a benefit! ) Guys, we're not talking about a tremendous surplus of donations here, this wasn't established as a charitable fundraiser. Since when is sharing a few bucks with friends cause to become anal retentive?
If we need to pick on someone, let's not choose Turk the initiator of the donation campaign or Brent who rightfully deserves our support.....let's pick on Evan or Wayne Stoker, they're significantly easier to stimulate and besides...we'd have a "REAL" cause.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."