View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 06:20 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Hey Cal,

Growing up here in northern, NJ, my grandmother worked for Dockery Ford (I blame her for my addiction to Mustangs and Shelbys in general)....I can remember having my picture taken in the GT350 "R" Model(thought it was cool to sit in an actual race car thinking I would own one when I grew up), along with a dark green 427 Cobra (street car, no rollbar or side exhaust) that was on the showroom floor. I can also remember being taken for rides in a small block Cobra (also dark green, wire wheels, and an AM radio attached to the underside of the dashboard), as well as many Shelby convertibles (again, my grandmothers penchant for convertibles has rubbed off on me) that she would bring home as her "demo of the week"(along with assorted Mustang convertibles, all of them red).......While it shows that Dockery only sold one Cobra, I know, just based on my recollections of that time, that they had several that either they were storing, or traded off to other dealerships in the area.........Just my own fond recollections of growing up around these automobiles......

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 04-10-2003 at 06:22 AM..