View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Home built, supercharged 544cu/in automatic
Not Ranked     

Your problem is a common one that we could talk for hours about.
1st thing, a centerforce is not a very good clutch for racing because by their own design admissions they are heavier (shift harder) at higher RPM's. I have heard that with them, you can switch the disk to a stock disk and the service is much better to. But 400 horspower is about the max for them in any rate, and there is also the school of thought that the disc should be the wear component because it is the cheapest link in the chain too.
Before I switched to a auto I used a Hayes #39-608 long style Pro clutch. It is a 12 bolt pressure plate as apposed to the common 6 bolt mounting system and of course requires its own fly wheel with 12 bolt holes.
Point is, I didn't JUST get there with that setup. I got there by talking to manufactures and racers to find what I needed. I suggest you do the same, to not do so will cost you big time both in costs and safety. There is also some tricks that you can deploy to help your cause but first you will have to settle in with a better setup. Lots of luck, you've got some homework to do. Signed- teacher Ron,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
cobrashock

Last edited by cobrashoch; 04-20-2003 at 09:35 AM..