View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default Clutch suggestions

Speed220mph:

I agree the paddle type clutch with individual facings that are similar to brake pads, I used to race a car with one in and it was a turbo gang buster type on off power and this clutch handled it real well!

Tommy:

I think its worth consulting someone who has been there and done that, look at the pressure plate check it out, see what is the best single plate lining to use, for one reason a good lining should be easier on the flywheel!

Regarding ceramic/paddle type these are great and may even be self contained or a throw away flywheel side face, as the flywheel wear will go up, but that may not be a problem as everything wears out eventually!

Final option a purpose race multiplate clutch, these last real well, if there not driven in heavy traffic, I used one in my 650bhp BB Cobra it was bolted to a flex plate and it drove real good once you got used to it, the only thing is the plates wear, not real expensive to replace the clutch pack, some guys get several years out of them racing.

I would be very curious to know what other guys are running for the road and track with 400 - 550bhp!