View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 02:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

C'mon guys - where's your sense of adventure??? The list of those that refuse to go in this car is considerably bigger than the list of thrillseekers.........

The engine sounds pretty tough in the car. I have working sidepipes with 3.5" pipes opening to 5" mufflers, back to 3.5" tips. You can definitely tell that it has a healthy size camshaft, and the solid roller lifters and straight-cut gears in the supercharger, along with the cog pulleys certainly add to the overall sound.

Scott has worked tirelessly on this damn car to get it finished and on the road by this weekend. It was a bittersweet feeling when it fired up. It was great to hear it making all the right noises (and lots of them ), but I couldn't help but be annoyed at the number of electrical/wiring problems that became apparent as a result of starting the car. Nothing that can't be sorted out, but enough to take the edge off the historic moment. I've had the wiring guy over to Scott's shed half a dozen times in the last week or two, and it should be pretty right now. Just a bit more setting up the Motec configuration settings for all sorts of things from activating the third fuel pump, turning on electric fans, logging settings for trans temp, fuel pressure, etc.

Scott, here's a thought....... The secretary of the Historic Racing Car Club asked if I was interested in having Darlington Park Raceway effectively all to myself this Friday afternoon. There are 4 Alfas that have privately booked the track, and for $70 I can have unrestricted access all afternoon (until it's too dark to see). What are the chances of this happening? It might be cutting things a bit fine, I suppose. Sure sounds like fun though!!!