View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Duane,

I trust we are talking about Marc here? Although I managed to get pretty comfortable in the 95" JBL at 6'4" I am still a bit cramped. I could use another 2" but it's really not bad. If I had it to do again, I would have altered the driver's foot box. Actually just the pedal mounts and sheet metal below. The foot box is way deep enough, it's just the pedal location. As it is, I have altered the pedals to maximize the entire depth of the foot box. I am comfy but just not quite all the way comfy. Also in the JBL you are not sitting on top of the chassis. You are sitting on a 1" tube. I will re-configure the 1x2 tube to allow my seat to sit on the sheet metal floor skin. The seat mounts thru the side into the frame rails, Kirkey aluminum road race seats. Tipped back, you get excellent thigh support. I am pretty happy with the arrangement but it can always be better.

I guess where I'm trying to go here is, performance first....pick the car...and then tailor it. That is my recommendation. It would be pretty easy to accomplish. My eye line is just a bit above my air cleaner. I may be too low.

Marc is about my size. When we have our little party at the rod shop, I will try to have my car there with the actual seat installed for him. If he has never sat in a JBL he won't believe it. What did you call it... a scaled up go kart? That's about right.

I would be happy to help out.

John