View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

"Romper bomper stomper boo, Tell me, tell me, tell me true." How about taking coffee can lids to church for the "poor people." Ice cream at Thrifty's Drug store, five cents a scoop. Arco was "Atlantic Richfield", and Exxon was "Esso." Our '64 Ranchero had 13" tires. Paper boy came every month to "collect." "Cool" was temperature-related. People who drove VWs waved at other people who drove VWs. Getting "swats" for misbehaving in school. Winds blowing down the TV antenna. No tamper-proof packaging. Having Dad put the car in neutral and "coast" down hills. Newspaper drives at school, and filling up the large roll-off bins. Double-features at the movies. With cartoons. Bottle brushes. Paper routes. Sitting in the backs of pick-up trucks while others drove around town. Women in curlers with scarfs. Toys in cereal boxes. Helms Bakery delivery trucks, with their whistle. (An L.A. thing) Three-on-the-tree. Bench seats. Necker knobs. Defrosting the freezer, and the refrigerators with latch handles. Filling up with "Ethyl."

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.