View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

How about the puppet dog Farfel on the Nestles Chocolate commercials, Howdy Doody and Buffalo Bob. Yoyos made of wood, then plastic and learning how to "walk the dog"
Good & Plenty pink and white licorice and Sugar Daddy all day suckers. Rock Candy on strings. Beanie Caps with propellers.
Rubber band guns made from old inner tubes. Lilac powder that the barber used to brush on your neck after a haircut.
Jungle Larry wooden puzzles and Cootie Games.

Smoking corn silk and thinking you were really cool. Lux Liquid in plastic squeeze bottles. Life and Look Magazines.
Alfred E. Neuman and Mad Magazine with the best section being Spy vs. Spy.
Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. Ruth Buzzy as the Operator, one ringy dingy! The Smothers Brothers Show and Pat Paulsen running for President. Uncle Milty, Milton Berle and Uncle Tonnuse on the Make Room for Daddy, DannyThomas Show.
Here's an oldie...Sebastian Cabot as the butler....remember the show's name? How many children were there?
Ossie and Harriet with sons Ricky and David Nelson. The Hit Parade Show on Sunday Evenings along with Ed Sullivan and toppo geggio.

Pepsodent toothpaste commercials.
I'm so old I remember when the bulls eye on Lucky Strike cigarettes was colored green and they used to give a small 5 cigarette sampler pack during store grand openings. (the small packet that was in each of the C rations during the war.)

And G.R.
Sen Sen still produces those little pungent licorice micro squares but they cost .75 rather than .15 and they still make you pucker!

Bob,
Our neighbors Hudson's "back seat" folded into the trunk making a bed. The Nash Rambler had "front seats" that fully retracted making a bed. I had some "early lessons" in the back seat of that Hudson that still bring a smile.

One last add on: Rocket Crystal Radios that never needed a battery only a good ground for the alligator clip. You could receive a radio station by pulling the small antenna up from the nose cone.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."

Last edited by Dan Semko; 04-28-2003 at 07:23 PM..