View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Thanks Ron. That's interesting. I must say that my torque band probably couldn't be better. It's pretty linear from 3K on. I much prefer low end torque.

Randy, I'm sure he wouldn't. But an issue that Bill would probably consider "child's play", I would consider "nightmare", being the mechanically-challenged soul that I am. My guess is that a 427 stroker is a bit on the other side of the "tinker-free" spectrum. I just finished replacing a header gasket and I feel winded. I journeyed down to Barnett Performance and purchased a copper gasket set (with space-age goop). I then spent a couple of hours with a dremmel tool and router bit milling out the port openings. Now that the driver's side is leak free, I can hear a leak on the passenger side. I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with it right now, but I guess I'll break the dremmel tool back out and complete the job. Despite the rationale, I will probably do it anyway. I'm close to giving in to the notion that my Sun Micro will return to $40 in the next couple of months. $3 a share invested in horsepower is better than SUNW.

Clyde, I bought a leather steering wheel. After you showed my yours, I had to have one. Much nicer in looks and feel. Thanks for putting me over the edge.