View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill;

My 351-W had to be bored .040 to clean up the cylinders... I have a little over 17,000 miles on it now with no problems,but I do not like to go more than .030 on a 351-W block. At the time I was building this engine that's the only block I had,now I have a few more for spares for my next project....

I have seen some dirt track racers go .060, but they usually go thru a block a season and do not care....

I have two 1972 blocks that I checked and will easily clean up at .030 and a complete 69 engine coming,it's still in a 69 Cougar running today with about 70,000 miles on it. The owner is rebuilding a 351-Cleveland to put in his car and I have bought the Windsor from him,he should swap out later this summer.... A buddy just picked up a 69 351-W for his 67 Mustang. He took it down the other day and we checked the bores and all it needs is to be honed,doesn't need boring.... The motor was in a wrecked Cougar with 64,000 miles on it and he got the complete motor for 50 bucks,some guys have all the luck...

David