View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

I'll be unable to attend the Annual Meeting but throw in my 2 cents.

I don't think that there are many (if any) that can afford to drive a Cobra or attend our events that would be driven away by a $20 annual dues. Granted there are those that are still working towards their dream car that may not be able to afford this, but would still be welcome forum members, get the word about DSCC events, and be welcome to attend those events. The forum membership should be kept open to anyone that wishes to participate.

In my mind the DSCC is more than the forum. Being a regional organization is important when it comes to physically getting together... if we're a forum only organization it doesn't matter much whether we're all in the Deep South or spread across the country.

I would argue against the club spending alot on items that would be "club property". Being spread across such a large region, and with potential changes in officer's throughout the region keeping track of the physical locations of these things would likely become problematic after a few years. I would recommend putting out the call to the members for items we need first. It seems the members came through with flags and radios for the Gainesville event. Small (physically) items like timers and radios may be useful to purchase to ease the organizers anxiety levels just before the event though.

Ed: regarding tents, I have two 10x20 tents (sunshades) in my hangar at the airport about 4 miles from the track in Gainesville that the club is welcome to use. They could be used at other events as well, although transportation may be an issues since they're a bit long to fit in the trunk of my Cobra