View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     
Default 427 sounds

this is good,,I have been in love with the sound since the late 70's,I helped pit a local racer here,,short track,arca,a little winston cup,{he still races 427's}I can remember being behind the stands when the cars were hot lapping,,or qualifying,,there were many 600-700 hp big block chevys,and hig dollar bow ties {this is still going on by the way,it was easy to tell when the 427 was on the track,I am not sure we could explain the difference,since so many factors could effect,,actually the fe motors have their own sound,I think the 427 difference may have something to do with big cubes,derived from a huge bore and fairly short stroke,,but the head ports as well as valve size could mean a lot too,,my 427 sounds wicked,,but the stainless side pipes make it sound a bit tinny,,they have to go,,my motor isnt close to the 14-1 compression motors we ran then on alcohol though,,427's are one of those things I wish i had never experienced,,now there is no giving it up,,sort of like a strip cluib,,heh BTW,,to whom ever ask,390,427,428,406 etc use the same rod lenght,,428 has a 3.98 stroke compared to 3.78 on the 427,but the wrist pin is closer to the top in a 428 piston,,
keep it coming guys,,Tim

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "