View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My Excal has manual, and it is a "bear" to turn the wheels in a parking lot trying to pull in or back out of a stall for instance. I hate it.

Once I get rolling even a little bit, I don't even notice steering wheel effort. I see a lot of the FFR spec racers have P.S. (I think it's actually required in that class?).

My concern with P.S. would be potentally slower "response time" and not enough road feel feed back when I'm racing. Of course the slight horse power loss it would take to run the P.S. pump, extra weight, belt and "plumbing" are not "desireable" either.

It's a tough call, I like to race so I "lean toward" a race setup in the susension (makes for a harsh ride) and DOT race tires (which wear out QUICK on the street) and race brake pads (which perform poorly until warmed up so cold stops can be "frightening").

.....then I go to the Mall and have to park and think,,,,well maybe P.S. wouldn't be "that bad". And man those tires are going away fast and cost a LOT, and that last "bump" in the road shook me to my core.

Ernie