View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra 5.0 FI
Not Ranked     

Well I just had my exhaust put back together again. All the brackets that tie the 2 sides together were broken at the welds which just pulled out of the pipes leaving holes behind. The car sounded better but the fumes were terrible if the top was on. Plus everything rattled a lot. Also one gasket was blown between the header and the splitter.

I left all the cross brackets off but one. Seems to be working fine and all the rattles are gone.

Also, I noticed a lot of noise and rattles coming from the trunk area. If you tap on the bottom of the trunk, at least on mine it hits the gas tank which is only about 1/4" below.

With every bump I think it was hitting and really resonating in the trunk. I pulled up the carpet, drilled a few holes and filled that whole area up with Great Stuff from Dow which is an expanding waterproof foam in a spray can. It sets up soft and has really helped. The car has no more noise coming from the trunk area at all and is just a pleasure to drive.

Spring is here and the Cobra is running great. Life is good. At least for another 4 or 5 months till the Wisconsin winter starts coming back.

You got any jobs out there Ernie?