View Single Post
Old 05-14-2003, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dues are OK with me, but perhaps we could do just as well with some track oriented money generators,
A.)such as an entry fee, a purse for most improved lap time, and the remainder going to the club. Also, rides could be sold in the 2 seat Winston cup car ( you buy a ticket for a friend and he has to ride, not you, don't worry ). The racers could challenge the waxers to see who could raise the most money, and they could have fees and prizes also along the same lines.
2.) a wet "t"shirt contest
and
D.) donations or voluntary dues.

My concern is that if even one person pays dues, then the course is set and people are going to decide to either pay or withdraw.I have a gut feeling that no more than 40 members will be willing to pay $25, and that adds up to $1000.

The dues from the general membership can only be spent for the good of the general membership, so the waxers can't use it to but wax and the racers can't use it to buy timing gear.

I feel the best solution is a waxer/racer fundraising challenge with 1/3 of each groups total going to the general club fund.
For example, Waxer raises $1.00 and racer raises $1.00.
Each gives the club general fund 33 1/3 cents.
Result is that the racer fund has 66 2/3 cents,
the waxer fund has 66 2/3 cents,
and the general fund 66 2/3 cents.
Definition of racer : member that wants to go to a track for a club meeting, does not really care if anyone else is there or not, will park a junk car on track to have something to pass, has few if any friends. Considers Heroine addiction a mild craving compared to auto racing. Steve Mcqueen , our hero, said " there is only racing, everything else is just waiting :"
Definition of waxer : crys at weddings, first one to arrive at family reunion, has a car that actually runs, will drive hours to join friends even if there is no racetrack nearby, has actually waxed car twice in a 1 year period,