Old 05-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by DanElam

When you take everything into consideration, my guess would be that FFR and/or the Smiths are buying Venture which would give them effective control over SAI for the least amount of money.
Dan... it's highly unlikely that FFR is buying Venture.

They are a $2 billion/yr corporation:

"The company is a leading maker of injection-molded plastic components for automotive OEMs. Products include interior systems, cockpit modules, front-end systems, exterior trim, and closures and panels. Venture Industries also offers design, preproduction, engineering, assembly, tooling, and logistics services to most of the world's automakers. Customers include GM, Ford, DaimlerChrysler, BMW, and Volkswagen. The company offers engineering and technology services in Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America and continues to expand into new regions."

Venture ran into financial trouble over U.S. debt it carries for its Peguform unit in Europe. Peguform was declared insolvent by a German bankruptcy court in May. Venture filed for Chapter 11 protection and the CEO stepped aside.

Their association with SAI supposedly began with being a supplier to them for Series One components. They subsequently invested with a majority stake.

Scaling the two entities, the SAI position is a minor part of Venture.

(..just trying to add some facts here... ...sorry, don't know what came over me)