View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, Ford 460
Not Ranked     

I too have a West Coast and I am more than satisfied with what I got for the price. Of all the kits I considered at the time. this one was the most complete (back in 1995/6). Poking around junk yards looking for donor parts did not interest me, however I did want to perform a majority of the assembly tasks. I purchased "Phases I & II" back in '96 and Phases III & IV" in early '99. I built the motor myself and know every fastener on the car. I will be headed to paint/body shop (The one Vern recommends) next week. I am looking forward to winning my first trophy with "My" Cobra that "I" built. I'm sure I would do better next time and perhaps do things a little different. I've said it in other posts and I'll say it again, when buying any Cobra, kit or original, you get the "Cobra Legend" too! In terms of what I could afford and my mechanical skills this kit was the right one for me.

Just a side note: Please provide any/all info regarding the Paint/Body shop Vern recommends. . . I understand that they have done several bodies from this set of molds and really do nice work! Can anyone comfirm this?
Thanks. . .

"You're not happy unless you're doing Mach 2 with your hair on fire"