View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,
You're right again. My dad first thought that they should be taped off, but this morning he reread the directions and tried connecting them and I think you can guess the result. It took a couple of cranks to wake her up, but good lord. I have never heard anything so nasty and beautiful sounding all at the same time. We are still have some issues, mainly with gauges though. It appears the gas gauges is not registering. There is a good chance we may have fried it, as I know that can happen. Is there a test we can do to see if it is the gauge or the sender (a certain voltage battery hooked up to the gauge)? Water temp was rising at it came up to temp, oil pressure was around 60 but we did not register any oil temp. We may not have had it running long enough for the oil temp to come up. We only ran it for about 3 or 4 minutes, and the water temp only came up to about 65 deg C, so hopefully, it simply wasn't warm enough for the gauge to register (min on the autometers is 60 C). Also, the tach has been, and continues to sit at about 2100 rpm. We ran a wire from the tach signal output out to orange #40 wire in the engine compartment. Should we just tape off #40 and run the tach signal straight to the gauge? That's all for now, but thanks very much guys for the help.