View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Allow me..

First gear, or what I prefer to call the Chiropracter Special in 4148 is a bit low. Excellent for pulling tree stumps and very large weeds other Cobras will leave behind. It lasts about 2.5 seconds on a hard acceleration, if you are shifting at or below 6,000 this won't quite get you to 60 mph.. This is either really fast or really slow depending on your goal.. It is amazingly fast but it would put a damper on 0-60 times enless the driver decides redline is in fact 7,200. I am sure in time this may be the case. If it is this car will do 0-60 in 3 flat. 100 mph was less than 10 seconds. Wheeeee...

It does have the theraputic side effect of being able to do spinal adjustments. I had the privledge of being with Turk with 400 miles on the odometer last Saturday (May 31) I haven't been right since.. Seriously. We left first gear so hard when we hit second I was pushed back so hard my back "cracked" from about just under my shoulder blades to the middle of my neck. It felt awesome at the time. I haven't been able to turn my head to the right very well ever since.

The car is amazing. 100 mph at about 2500 rpm.. stable as can be.. a little like sitting on a very expensive couch at 100... I have no doubt this car would do 160 or 165 without much problem. It is perhaps a little soft even in it's present trim (for my taste) but a shock adjustment would fix that right up.

Thanks for the ride Turk. I might like to go again one day once the stiffness goes away.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)