View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

2 manycarz First names are nice. CWI out of Cali does alot of jag rears and improved parts. This rear is good for 450hp to 500 hp AS LONG AS YOU DON"T USE SLICKS. This rear was not designed for this abuse. CWI will send you a center section with better gears chrome moly stub shafts and rear cover support for the rear caps in the rear. You would have to asked on the price. If you buy a Jag rear you are looking for the old style from sedan or XKE The axle housing have 5 bolts holding them in and the calipers come with the parking park mounted to them. The older rears have better metal. Old Kit car mags have this info in them. Gear ratio or on a tag on the back cover with a posi tube tag if not removed. Gear ratios are 2.88,3.07,3.31,3.54,3.73,4.09,4.27,and 4.56. If you are running 1 5 speed with overdrive, 3.07 or 3.31 is my favorite. You can buy heavy duty posi carriers with 30 spline stub shafts. Bullet proof. If you are like most cobra owners this car will become a work in progress. You will change things to the car if you get the racing BUG I like autocross and roadcourse, it does less pounding to the drive train than drag racing. If you use BFG tires you will not be as fast, but the grip on these tire will help save the repair bills and brakeage. I have 15 inch tires for the road and 17 inch tires for the track. The differents between night and day. Hope this helps Rick Lake