Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: 29 Palms, CA Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center,
Not Ranked     
Cool New Member

Hello all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 25 yr old Texan now serving in the US Marine Corps stationed in the HOT desert of 29 Palms, CA. Make no mistake though I'm headed home to Texas as soon as I can. I included a picture with my wife so a face can be put with the name. So the FFR bug has hit hard and for the past 3 yrs it's come in and out of my "I wish I could do that" phases. But when I recently got home from an extended 11 month deployment and I took a gander at FFR's site, their new GT-V8 Spyder grabbed me and said "It's time!" So hopefully this isn't a passing phase.

Plans as of now are to buy some time, purchase a 5.0 as a 2nd vehicle, and down the road when the Spyder has a retractable top I'll get the kit. I think I'd opt for the IRS, ceramic coated pipes, tubular front lower control arms, powder coated chasis, and body cut-outs. Although sense would say to stay with the reliable 225hp of the stock 5.0 but I really want to beef it up as much as a natural aspirated engine can. I want to run 315 series rubber in the rear and 275 front. I haven't made a choice on color but I'm leaning toward a solid color. Now it's time to start calculating, planning, and waiting.

So are there many of you out there who are interested in this kit? Anyone have one yet? Anybody in the High Desert area with a FFR? Look forward to swapping stories.
Attached Images