Thread: Average Age?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-1999, 04:27 PM
silverbullet
Visit my Photo Gallery

I am 35 (going on 10 according to my wife) As a boy, I was infatuated with small, fast sports cars of all kinds. Vettes, Porche's, Jag's, and of course the Cobra. In high school I drove a '70 Mustang with a 351, and then a '72 Opel GT. As years past and life went on, I forgot about my childhood dreams of racing around in a vintage roadster and found myself racing a mini-van instead. I can beat anybody thru downtown in rushhour. One day in summer '96 I picked up a kit car mag and started leafing through it. The Cobras in the articles and advertisements were beautiful, but way out of my price range. With three rugrats and a 30 year mortgage, I would be a wise OLD man before a Cobra would be in my garage. Then I read an ad by Factory Five. Single Mustang donor, EFI, lightweight, and actually affordable(well,close). My dream was alive again! After saving and planning for over two years, I picked up my kit in Sept.'98. Last Sat. I took it to my painter. This has been an experience of a lifetime! As for age, I have one piece of advice...do it now! Dreams have a way of getting forgotten.
So glad to find this website! Good job to all involved.

Chris Perry
Toledo, OH
P.S. For now I'm only known as "Wheelie Man's" buddie, but not for long. See you all at Run & Gun '99.