Thread: Average Age?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-1999, 02:57 PM
rklein
Visit my Photo Gallery

What a website! This is like a candy store too! All these years, since I first sat in an original, white 289 with two, four-barrel Webers, in Santa Rosa, California, I've wanted a Shelby Cobra, thinking that there weren't many more like me! Almost bought a red one in 1970 that was beat and belching smoke....for $6K , but needed the money for a house and new family. Now I am 52, divorced, and still carrying the Cobra torch. I have a '67 Mustang with a coveted 289, and two Volvo 1800's. Took the grill out of my oldest 1800 (sport coupe) because it looked more like a Cobra that way! Given that I've compulsed over having a Cobra for 33 years and think Carroll Shelby is the great car Guru of the western world, I think it's time to get one. Have struggled between Kits and the CSX-4000 series and have concluded that the Kits are the "best buy" of the two (this feels like a sacreligious statement). Still I am considering an all-Shelby-parts 351W engine to salve my guilt! So, at the upcoming kit car exhibit in California's Knott's Berry farm, I will fulfill this lifetime dream that I obviously share with you fellows!

Randall Klein
Los Altos, CA