Thread: Average Age?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-1999, 03:17 AM
Bruce Botti
Visit my Photo Gallery

Great Site. I liked the Cobra Forum also, but felt a little intimidated. I admire their allegiance to FFR, but feel that they sometimes come on a bit too strong against other makes. I decided against the FFR as it was not right for me. I chose to go with the Unique 427 S/C. To me it was the best performance / value Cobra available. Besides, the Weaver's are great people to work with!!
I'm getting off on a tangent (comes with old age). I will be 49 in three weeks and have always been a car nut with Mustang's, AMX's, etc. Besides the unfinished Cobra, I have two '91 SHO's and a '74 TVR.
I am in the process of starting up a Cobra Assembly business since my company is up and moving on me. Fortunately, I will be able to get a lump sum pension payout and a 14 month severance check. The Cobra business will be to supplement my retirement income. I know that you will never get rich doing this, but if I can get it to pay for some extras like medical insurance, I'll be happy. It helps that I can do all the work including mechanical, electrical, painting, etc in my 24 x 32 garage. My overhead will be very low. I figure that the only risk I am taking is with my time.
I'm glad to see that there is such a wide range of ages and backgrounds in the Cobra "family". Keep up the good work.
Bruce