View Single Post
Old 06-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hi Traveller,

I want to be careful on this one because both cars have strong points, and I like both of them in different ways. Both of these cars are a great VALUE at their price point. When equally equipped with the exact same engine, trans, rear, wheels/tires and components, both cars have done well for me. Also, this is a Unique vs. Midstates thread so I don't want to take the original poster off track too much.

So, I'll try to make this short...if I can. If I had the extra 10-12K to build a Cobra, I'd build another ERA. If I wanted to save 10K or didn't have the extra 10K, I would build the Unique again. If I had to pick just one comment to make, it would be the fact that ERA has put a lot if time in engineering and fine tuning their cars and build quality. Just having a body that is bonded and rivoted to the chassis alone is worth the extra money to me, not to mention things like the dash, seats, so on an so forth. However, I would not trade back my experinece with the Unique. It was worth every penny and time I put into it. I hope this helps to explain it from one person's view. Plus, I like building and trying different cars just to see how they are put together and what the final results will be. Gives me something to do

Last edited by decooney; 06-27-2003 at 05:18 PM..