View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hey guys

Sounds like fun at Wakefield Race Track in October.

Don't know about big bonnets scoops though!!

Seriously, I am having trouble with the standard Homebush scoop. The Victor Jnr. has put the carby float bowl top right at bonnet height.

I need a bigger scoop. Doug has a scoop that has a 65mm openning - bonnet to centre of scoop openning. I have checked measurements and even with a recessed air filter I am to high at the back.

I need a bigger scoop. Have been told Rob Baker has a mould for a bigger scoop.

Any ideas anyone. Perhaps a competent aluminium roller user??

I can see I will be well entertained when in Wakefield Park.

Talk soon

Bernie

PS. I have found the colour for Guardsman Blue. Its a PPG colour and my local paint shop has had the code sent to them from PPG head office in Sydney.

This just proves this site works. I received a response from the states about a week ago via email. The guy there gave me the USA code.

He also sent a fair bit of detail about the early Shelby cars and colours including the FIA 289 colours - Viking blue etc.

Since then Shelby American have responded on my question for colour. I am really amazed and appreciative!!

Kris Kincaid there sent an entire file of colours and archive photos in colour of Shelby's personal car and Guardsman Blue car.

Looking at the colour, I think there were a few at Wakefield in this colour. Well colour matched of perhaps they have the paint code also.

Now I see Superformance have the Guardsman blue colour but don't know if its the same colur code. CTC in Warrigal may tell me

I spoke to Brian down there last week but the email came in the same day from the states.

Again off to work - customers waiting

This really is a great site and I can see the value in promoting the site to all Oz Cobra owners/members. Great suggestion.

Only .....days to 'Weekend at Bernie's...

Talk soon - really must get back to work.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026