View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I use to take some of my girlfriends kids friends out to a area buisness park after hours (7:00 PM) for a ride in my Pro street 69 Mach 1 (650+ horsepower 427 "stroked" S.O. engine with 350 horsepower nitrous system). With a new black top parking lot, you could see the tread pattern from the huge Mickey Thompson tires. I would take each kid for a ride, revving the engine to 3,500 RPM and lighting the tires up for a 1/8 mile for them. The speedo would read 160+ mph, but the car was only doing 45 - 60 mph. The engine would sound so awesome and it would be a ride they never forgot. There was never anyone standing close to the edges of the parking lot or anything like that.

There are some "holy" bastards around here that if they had it there way, EVERYTHING would be bad, wrong, and dangerous. I have news from them, there is danger everywhere! These kids are safer than they are riding with their parents during rush hour. They are safer than they are riding with their friends. They are safer than they are when they go boating on the lake, or hunting, or skiing, or a trip to Europe, or Asia. Where does the paranoia stop?

These are really fast cars, that's why we bought them! If it is too fast for some, I suggest purchasing a MG and joining their clubs. While I wasn't at the event, lot's of events have things like this going on. Hell the local KCIR drag strip only has a 5 foot fence protecting the crowd watching the event, should we ban it also...

Last edited by BANDIT 1; 06-28-2003 at 09:58 PM..