Thread: Reptyl....
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default jeez, you guys are brutal

Brutal???, more like downright cruel they are Craig.

Thanks for the motor info Craig..One of my considerations is the 398 stroker.

However, given we are chatting about budgets I was looking at the options. The 377ci stroker can be done fairly cheaply by:
Stroking the standard crank from 3.5 to 3.685. this will leave a 2.12 rod journal.
Fitting mopar 6.125 rods (std big end = 2.12)..narrowed .015"
And...and...shhhhh..do I havta say it...using chev pistons.

All pretty cheap stuff. nothing all that special.

I already have a pair of World Products windsor snr. heads..there are now better heads I know..but I own these and they're not a bad head...leastwise a heap better than the standard heads.

I've also got a new crane hyd rollor cam..I bought this some time ago for a 302 ..its not big but MIGHT just do the 377.

Its advertised duration is 276 intake 284 exhaust .. 533/555 lift...351 firing order...cant be reground tho.

Sooo..all in all I've got a heap of stuff which I'd like to use ..If not..I'd have to sell them off. Prefer to use what I already have tho.

Actually Craig, the thought of the 377 came from the (forget his name) fella you recommended as a good ford motor builder.

Pretty sure I'll be using him to do the job..just gettin my head together on the options.

Anyways guys...thanks loads for the info..much appreciated.

A Cobra is worth 2".......WOW..my wife will be pleased..given the winter weather and usual 2" loss..I now wont have a 1" hole in my gut.

Take care