View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 11:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default Windsor stroker motor options.

Starting a new thread using Rebel1's post on another thread. However, given we are chatting about budgets I was looking at the options. The 377ci stroker can be done fairly cheaply by:
Stroking the standard crank from 3.5 to 3.685. this will leave a 2.12 rod journal.
Fitting mopar 6.125 rods (std big end = 2.12)..narrowed .015"
And...and...shhhhh..do I havta say it...using chev pistons.

All pretty cheap stuff. nothing all that special.

I already have a pair of World Products windsor snr. heads..there are now better heads I know..but I own these and they're not a bad head...leastwise a heap better than the standard heads.

I've also got a new crane hyd rollor cam..I bought this some time ago for a 302 ..its not big but MIGHT just do the 377.

Its advertised duration is 276 intake 284 exhaust .. 533/555 lift...351 firing order...cant be reground tho.

Sooo..all in all I've got a heap of stuff which I'd like to use ..If not..I'd have to sell them off. Prefer to use what I already have tho.

Actually Craig, the thought of the 377 came from the (forget his name) fella you recommended as a good ford motor builder.

Pretty sure I'll be using him to do the job..just gettin my head together on the options.