View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gave it to Russ
Not Ranked     

I received my Backdraft about a month ago. It is a very nice car all in all. I may be the exception but there are a few things I was not happy with. When I received the car I noticed a lot of adhesive showing around the rear trunk seal. I ultimately ended up having to remove the trunk seal and spend roughly 3 hours with solvent to remove this adhesive and then reapply the seal. The Dash is not attached very solid. It is screwed in on the ends but just rests on some fiberglass in the center section. The fiberglass it rests on is not long enough and sometimes the dash will fall back under the fiberglass and becomes very loose and sloppy looking. This was easily fixed by drilling a screw through the dash and the fiberglass stop. The fuel tank is leaking fuel at the fitting where the fuel pump takes suction. The windshield washer reservoir cracked and leaked all the washer fluid out and blew into the engine compartment while driving. I only have 200 miles on my car as of now. The last but my most dissatisfying complaint is the paint finish on this car is not the greatest. Granted, to most it looks awsome and I am pretty anal, just ask Rogers ( a couple posts up). But it is cloudy in spots and even has different textures throughout the car. There was body shop dust in alot of not real noticeable areas but it was there. One more item and maybe you guys with Backdraft cars could answer this, where the exhaust pipes exit, the motor when torqued is making the pipes hit the fiberglass and I'm afraid it will crack it if I don't do something soon? Anybody have a resolve for this? That is one more item that should be looked at by Backdraft, making the outlets larger so this won't be a problem. I am very happy with my car. As some of you know I owned an FFR that I wrecked prior to this and is basically what I'm comparing it to. The BDR is an all around nicer car but I had less to complain about on my FFR.
I definitely recommend the BDR to all who are interested. Everything I have listed here is pretty damn minor, but could easily have been taken care of prior to my receiving the car. Reg Dodd is quite helpful and a very good person to deal with, honest and fair.
Attached Images