View Single Post
Old 07-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Default Cal,

last I knew he still had the car, I will call him and find out. Warren and his family lived across the street from me in my younger days. His father, Wilson Greatbatch is the inventor of the implantable cardiac pacemaker. I have repurchased the house I lived in then but Warren has moved several times since.

The car Warren has (CSX 2428) came from the Rochester, NY area circa 1985 and was owned by Dick Steamer at the time. Dick also had a 427 car. As I recall he said the 289 came from Alabama or Georgia originally. The guy who bought it from Dick had me look the car over before he bought it and I did a fair amount of owrk on it for the owner and then for Warren.

From the small world dept.-In 1985 Parade magazine called and wanted to road test an AC MK IV for a story they were doing on "exotic cars" The road tester would be P. J. O'Rourke, humorist and sometimes Car and Driver writer. I picked P.J. up and brought him to the dealership to take the car, Warren's 289 was in the shop at time and he stopped to show it to an old friend of his that was in town. P.J. took one look at Warrens friend and RAN to him, it was one of his college room mates! people, you can't make this stuff up!

Also "Berry" the hardtop manufacturer was "Berry Plasti-Glass" a well know fiberglass shop in So-Cal. They did other work for Shelby as well as many other auto related projects.
Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/